On that saturday, that I mentioned in my previous post, I had a second exam which was Distributed Information Processing. I found that exam much more difficult than the Information Management exam.
Here are the topics, as far as I can recall them:
– some check question, you have to check if the statement about processes, threads and networks is correct or not
– explain, why the IP adress is not part of the TCP header
– explain why time synchronization is important for computer networks
– explain how digital signatures work and how the receiver knows that the signature is valid
– explain when to use threads and when to use sub-processes
In my opinion the exam was not that easy and not all topics where part of the study material. At least not in that depth. I hope the exam is passed, no matter which grade. 🙂